ATI Radeon x300 video card

I am thinking about purchasing a laptop and can get a good deal right now through my company but it will only come with a 64mb ATI Radeon x300 video card. The laptop would be for personal use and I would more than likely only use it for very basic solidworks tasks, like trying out new stuff in new releases, I would not be doing any new projects.

Anybody have any comments about this card or about the fact that it is only 64mb? I think it would be ok but wanted to check.

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Personally, I shy away from Radeon for SW. Search this NG for that term and read all the comments, then decide if it's still a deal that you can't live without.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

For what its worth - I am running a Pentium D 2.8 w/ 2 GB and an ATI X300 with 128 desktop. This is used for single solid bodies with few if any assemblies. I have swapped out the video card for the x700 and a GeForce

6600 GT and promptly returned both. There was little if any difference. It isnt the fastest card in the world but for simpler work it seems to be acceptable.

Reply to
IDAssociates LLC