interactive 3D for web

I'm not really a solidworks user, I'm a programmer. However I have to turn the SW assemblies into nice 3D interactive models for our website. I found a pretty handy third party product called IPA Professional, I just wanted to find out if anyone else is using this product or if their are more widely used ones out there?? Does SW have a product that does this?? I know they have eDrawing and Photoworks but none of these do what I need.

Cassie

Reply to
Cassie

Not sure how "interactive" you wanna get, but you might want to check out

3DInstantWebsite. IPA can do some pretty cool stuff, again depending on what you want to use it for. Maybe most useful for animated assembly instructions.

matt

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Cassie) wrote in news:d487a02c.0404121234.7bd02b67 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
matt

Solidworks e drawing publishes to an html file with all functionality

Reply to
Phil Evans

Oops, sorry, just saw it doesnt do what you want, what do you want it to do?

Reply to
Phil Evans

Hi Cassie, I have been playing with Modelpress. Pretty good so far, particularly with respect to keeping the file sizes small.

it helps Cheers Olaf

Reply to
Olaf Diegel

The one I'm currently creating allows you to set constraints based on pivot points so you can open doors on their hinges, remove covers, rotate the view and zoom in extremely close. By the way we make meter sockets and enclosures if that helps. Anyway I need to be able to keep this in depth functionality for CD's and the website. Any suggestions of good products I can check out would be great.

Cassie

Reply to
Cassie

: >

: The one I'm currently creating allows you to set constraints based on : pivot points so you can open doors on their hinges, remove covers, : rotate the view and zoom in extremely close.

Sounds like VRML (Virtual Reality Modelling Language). SW can 'Save as' to this type of file. A viewer, such as the Cortona viewer, available from Parallel Graphics.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Olaf,

How did you get the viewer to work ?? I get a blank grey screen.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM