NavisWorks 3

Is anyone out there currently using or has used NavisWorks3? NavisWorks is a SolidWorks solution partner and the software allows animation and rendering of SolidWorks parts and Assemblies. I have looked at the demo quickly but it's limited. I was wondering if anyone is using this product for production and how it works compared to SolidWorks Animator and PhotoWorks 2.

Any info would be good.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Rob,

I had a play with a NavisWorks 1.?? demo and it is in a different league to Animator and PhotoWorks. It is more intended for LARGE projects (e.g. a plant installation - refinery - oil rig, etc.) as it does fly arounds and walk throughs. It is also heaps easy to use - you can drop a laptop on a clients desk and tell them to go for a walk thru their new factory & I believe that the viewer is now free.

I was super impressed at the time, but the client wouldn't shell out for 6 viewer licences so I never bought it.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

I know that LightWorks used to own NavisWorks and PhotoWorks 1 was a LightWorks based program. From what I can see in the demo the animation is great. Easy to use and you can walk around or through your assembly and look around. Just what I have been looking for. If only SolidWorks would offer such a product. The thing that troubles me is the rendering. The rendering in the demo examples is not the best in my opinion. I was wondering if anyone had really used the presenter rendering plug in and achieved good or great results. I guess I should have been more specific with my question.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

if your looking for the best rendering. look at optice works. i think thats how you spell it

Reply to
Sean Phillips

I had a demo version some year ago....just to see if we could make walk troughs ...but as far as I remember I couldn't photorender anything in it at that time. The walk throughs and/or animations was saved in rather small files though..

Krister

Rob Rodriguez skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:p4v5b.1335$ snipped-for-privacy@fe01.atl.webusenet.com...

Reply to
Krister L

Until Version 3 there was no rendering capabilities. That was one of the reasons we passed it up a year or so ago. Version 3 has full lightworks rendering!! It creates image very comparable to PhotoWorks 1 but it has support for additional technology like RPC content and moldtech finishes. It seems to be a pretty good product. I was just wondering what the real world use results were.