Inventor-sw Translation

I'm trying to take a model from Inventor to Solidworks 2005. I tried IGES first but only got surfaces and lots of extra crap. I only really need a dumb solid - won't be doing much with it - just seeing how the component fits in an assembly. Step, Parasolid, anything I can have the Inventor guy do?

Reply to
AlanC

They should be able to go to step or ascii AutoCAD does both I think SW imports both. Step I have found to be a good solids translation.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Did you try opening it as a Native Inventor File? If that didn't work I would try the .sat (ACIS) format.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Unfortunately, IGES is not well supported between Inventor and SolidWorks. I would recommend STEP. I believe I have used STEP successfully for transfering from Inventor to SolidWorks, but its been a while (more than a year).

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

I only got it as an IGES file. The inventor translation lists Inventor Part I'm not sure if that means assemblies also.

Reply to
AlanC