is it posible to?

Hi guys I Have an assmbley comprising of three sheet metal parts, one of which has holes for pop riveting, Is there a way I can project the holes into the other 2 parts and save the individual parts with the holes in them? or do I have to do it the long way and do each one individually

Thanks in advance

Jules

Reply to
Julian

Jules,

While you are in the assembly, select the part you wish to add add holes to, right mouse button (RMB) and select Edit Part. Then select the flange you would like to add the holes to and invoke the Hole Wizard command. Select the parameters for the holes you wish to add, then move and/or add points to the flange. While you are locating the points you can touch off on the holes in your original piece which will bring up some snap points to locate the points to, allowing you to create coincident relations to the holes you have already created. Close the sketch after you have your points added (they should turn black when fully constrianed) and your holes will be added. Do the same thing for the other flange.

When you update the hole locations in your original part, the other hole locations created in context in the other two parts will update also.

I always pick the surface first, then invoke Hole Wizard, which will create a 2D sketch that you can add your hole wizard points to and any other construction geometry. The other way around (Hole Wizard then pick surface) you will get a 3D sketch, which is still useful but usually not needed on a flat plane.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

A faster way is to use the Hole Series tool, which automatically creates in-context features in each individual parts without needing to manually edit the parts. This icon is probably not on your toolbar by default. It used to be part of the Hole Wizard, but was recently moved to become a separate feature, but it still works like the Hole Wiz.

To put it on your toolbar, go to Tools, Customize, Commands, Features. Its the first icon in the 3rd row (assuming you're using SW07 sp3).

Best of luck.

Reply to
matt