Join command causes dimensions to change

VAR has confirmed a potential problem I encountered using the join command with "force surface contact" option selected. One of two parts used in the join command has a 1.500 dimension that changes to 1.508 (i..e. rounded) when dimensioned in the drawing. VAR took it one step further and unselected "force surface contact" and the drawing dimension then correctly matches the part.

The problem has been submitted to SW for a closer look. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Just a guess, but this may be intended functionality. "Force surface contact" may be extending some surfaces to do just that (force surface contact).

Generally, when I use the join feature, I first try it without "force surface contact" and if that fails, I turn it on.

Reply to
Arlin

Arlin,

That may be the case for parts with gaps. However, in my application there were no gaps between parts, the surfaces in question are in contact (i.e. coincident relationship).

Kman

Reply to
Kman