Laser cutting CAM software?

Your opinions and experiences, Imbedded in SW or not For Finnpower and Amada cutters Only experienced and constructive answers, please.

Reply to
Jean Marc

Finn-Power and Amada machines both come with very good nesting and programming software. Our Finn-Power laser/punch machine uses NCexpress software. For our Mitsubishi lasers we use NCell/Accufab software. Our old Centrum turret, and before that Weideman and Strippit turrets, were programmed using Fabriwin.

Ncell is good, NCexpress is good. I wouldn't recommend Fabriwin, but we haven't upgraded the software because we haven't been happy with it for at least 7 years.

Diego

Reply to
Diego

MetaCAM is very solid. It has SWX integration as well.

Dave

We've used Radan for ~10 years. Three Amada Turrets (345, 357, 3510) and three Mazak lasers (NTX-48 1K, 1.5K, and STX-510 4K.) We also have MetalSoft/AP100US and SMP. (looked at ProE's post package and had to chuckle... *g*) MetalSoft is fine for beginners. SMP interface is a bit primitive. Does a nice job with 3D wireframes for those who use 'em. Radan gets my vote. Not embedded (yet) but they do have a module to work direct with SW files.

clay

"clay" a écrit dans le message de news: lTSRi.35881$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net...

Thanks for the answers

Reply to
Jean Marc

Hands down the best for Sheet Metal CAM is Metamation. It is a Solidworks Gold partner, so it integrates directly into Solidworks. It will unfold an entire assembly and nest it out with one click.

Reply to
jameshmiller72