Laser cutting CAM software?

Your opinions and experiences, Imbedded in SW or not For Finnpower and Amada cutters Only experienced and constructive answers, please.

On Oct 18, 7:04 am, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:

Finn-Power and Amada machines both come with very good nesting and programming software. Our Finn-Power laser/punch machine uses NCexpress software. For our Mitsubishi lasers we use NCell/Accufab software. Our old Centrum turret, and before that Weideman and Strippit turrets, were programmed using Fabriwin.
Ncell is good, NCexpress is good. I wouldn't recommend Fabriwin, but we haven't upgraded the software because we haven't been happy with it for at least 7 years.
Diego
On Oct 18, 5:04 am, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:

MetaCAM is very solid. It has SWX integration as well.
http://www.metamation-us.com/products/profile_cam.html
Dave wrote:

We've used Radan for ~10 years. Three Amada Turrets (345, 357, 3510) and three Mazak lasers (NTX-48 1K, 1.5K, and STX-510 4K.) We also have MetalSoft/AP100US and SMP. (looked at ProE's post package and had to chuckle... *g*) MetalSoft is fine for beginners. SMP interface is a bit primitive. Does a nice job with 3D wireframes for those who use 'em. Radan gets my vote. Not embedded (yet) but they do have a module to work direct with SW files. http://www.planitsolutions.com/us/radan /
--
http://www.preciseind.com

Thanks for the answers
On Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:04:46 AM UTC-4, Jean Marc wrote:

Hands down the best for Sheet Metal CAM is Metamation. It is a Solidworks Gold partner, so it integrates directly into Solidworks. It will unfold an entire assembly and nest it out with one click.