Linear feature pattern, unable to pick center of geometry

Im using a equation with a feature pattern, and since its not picking the center of the geometry, its throwing the equation off.

How can I choose the center point of the pattern?

See images below:

SW Monkey

Ok, I've got to ask, how is it throwing off the equation? The pattern spacing is the same whether it's measured edge to edge or center to center. Also, which one is driven by your equation, the pattern spacing? I don't see any equation symbols on any of the dimensions.

In 2006 my linear pattern dims display from centroid of shape to centroid of shape.

First, verify that you really have equations, and then verify you have a problem with the equations or that the spacing values are somehow different if they are displayed from different points on the original feature.

Good luck.

matt

DOH. Yea, that wasnt the problem, something else was wrong with the equation. Im using SW 2004, so I dont think there is an equation symbol on the dimension, is there suppose to be ?

Reply to
SW Monkey

I don't remember when that was added, but 2004 might not have the equation symbol.

I don't have 04 on my machine, only 05 and 06, so I don't know if the pattern distance display also changed to C to C also. I guess if you want to show the spacing as C to C on your drawing, you'll have to do it with construction geometry and reference dims.

Good luck,

Matt

Reply to
matt