Markup/collaboration with SW?

Hi,

situation: no eDrawings Professional available, no money to upgrade and get it. need: free/low cost tool for clients to markup drawings and models available: best that I've been found so far is Autodesk DWF Writer + Design Review (both free and works with SW as well)

question: is there any better solutions available? Something that would work through web browser would be great solutions: found several free DMS-softwares that work with browser, could use PDF's with them...any other solutions?

ps. how can Adesk provide FREE tools for _everyone_ but SW don't do that, not even for their own clients??! Shame on :-)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

my first question is what are you trying to accomplish with these markups. are they for Engineering change documentation? are they to support fabrication? are they to support Assembly processes. are they for others to mark up your stuff. you seem to be looking at a specific application for this markup capability. please enhance on your requirements/usage. iQ

Reply to
iQ

For client and me to discuss about the design:

  1. basic measuring in 3D (2d not required)
  2. markup like in eDrawings Pro; texts etc...for 2D and 3D,

regards Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

is a link to the autovue program that can do this but again it is very expensive. about $1,800 for single user, not good.

we use a lot of PDF documents here but in version 6.0. we use annotation views on 3D. have you or anyone looked into the 3D in current versions of Adobe? i do not know the cost of that either.

i also bought a copy of SWx for our main fabrication shop kind of for this same purpose, to collaborate. i can understand that you do not want to send full models for your needs, customer will take them and run.

EDrawings may be the best solution for you here. you can enable measuring in it and make it self executeable so the customer can do their measuring. i should point out to you that EDrawings has a limit on how many decimal places it will display. was not enough for our industry. see other current thread on this same topic. iQ

Reply to
iQ

Well, you can save 3D pdf with SW07/08, but you can't annotate them with Adobe Reader. You can annotate 2D pdf's with Foxit Reader but it creates some kind of watermark. I would love to buy a software, but the price can be sadly only something like 100...150 euros. So the free tools from Adesk are still one possible solution for the future.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola