Maya rendering tutorial

Hello, I have been reviewing different programs as an alternative to PW for rendering. Because at my faculty (Industrial Design Engineering in Delft), we have Maya, I tried how easily my models would import. I already knew Maya fairly well, so after I succeeded importing my SW stuff, I thought I'd write a tutorial about this.

I did this at Wikibooks, which means ANYONE (not even a login is required, although recommended!) can edit the content of this tutorial - very usefull to keep it complete & up to date. It's not finished yet, but the most important things are.

You can find it at:

any comments are welcome.

happy rendering, Ewout

Reply to
Ewout

very good Ewout, have you given up on Blender then? neil.

Reply to
neil

No, not really, as I said, I'm still in the stage of reviewing things. I had to make a render for someone with water in it, and that was WAAYYY easier in Maya. The tutorial was just for the fun of it, AND because i hope it can help my fellow students (we get Maya courses anyway). Freeware allways comes first for me, just like I allways prefer to use the Gimpt over Photoshop (unless I need special photoshop functionality). Thanks again for your input, without it I would be tempted more often to just use Maya instead (for as long as I'm a student though...)

Ewout

Reply to
Ewout

I recently tried Alias StudioTools 12 learning version is Maya much the same? BTW if you like freeware maybe you know Deep Paint 2 is now available..I have started using this for sketching up concepts...quite good really. neil

Reply to
neil