Pipe Development

Hi, to everyone. I've 2 pipe that intersect at 56 degrees. I need to take the pipe and develop it around its axis to see the intersection profile between the 2 pipe.

How I can do it?

Thanks to everyone how tell me something.

Hi, Andrea

Reply to
Andrea

slit -extrude cut- your pipe down tit's length at an appropriate place with a very narrow sector say 0.1mm wide at the dia. then use the sheetmetal insert a bend tool - choose one of the outside longitudinal edges... flatten the sheetmetal to create the pattern automatically....make a dwg with it... note that the hole has a slightly different shape either side because of the angle/thickness so as shown it may not exactly represent the hole you would actually want to make for fabrication HTH neil

Reply to
neil

whoops...down it's length ..nothing personal babe... ;o)

Reply to
neil

this stuff only happens to me :o) ....actually I should draw your attention to the subtle change that happens when you make the sheetmetal part....in an example I did the cut face changes afterward to be perpendicular to the outside face but retains the surface profile....roll back the FM to check this out for your part...hate to have you mess up.

Reply to
neil

You cold use this program if you wanted to do it outside of solidworks.

Reply to
Knotfreak