Minimize SW into tray, does it matter

Workign on a few projects, and have noticed a few things slowing down. Specifics aside, just wondering that if I minimize SW into the tray, will this hinder or make things run any slower with what ever it is that the program is trying to work through.

I figure that minimizing SW will aloow me to work on some other program until it is finished.

A good example would be renderings, crank up the settings to get a better quality and that takes a lot longer than just a quick "see whats doing"

Reply to
modelsin3d

Did not mean tray, I meant Taskbar.

Reply to
modelsin3d

My experience has been that Solidworks hogs the CPU and minimizing it will make little or no difference.

Reply to
rockstarwallyMYAPPENDIX

You should be able to test this out.

Open a large file and rebuild the whole model or change a harmless dimension near the top. Time it.

Repeat the process, but minimize Solidworks. I believe it will automatically restore the window when the rebuild is done. Check the times.

I'd do it right now, but I'm exporting a file. Guess what I do during rebuilds!

Dan S.

Reply to
Dan S.

Open Windows Task Manager, Processes Tab (always on top) Open Solidworks part or assembly (maximized) Leave part or assembly open, minimize Solidworks Restore Solidworks (maximize)

You should see a (sometimes dramatic) difference in Solidworks mem usage.

Reply to
remy martin