Moving

I have holes on various pcd's. I want to rotate all the holes by 30degrees.

Is there an easy way of doing this?

Can I pick the holes and rotate them about a point?

Reply to
john gaskell

pcds? What is that?

Are you rotating the holes individually or the pattern of holes? What is the shape of the holes?

Reply to
TOP

PCD mean pitch centre diameter.

I am rotating a pattern of holes.

There are 6 holes in total. The holes are on a circular plate. Three holes are around the centre point.

If you tell me how to rotate these 3 holes I can do it with the others.

Reply to
john gaskell

Try............ Insert-Face-Move from the pulldowns. If I understand your request correctly this should do what you want.

Reply to
Rory

Maybe a silly question, but if the plate is round and in an assy, can you just rotate the plate?

If not, how about opening the sketch and using the rotate command? If you want some one way and some another way, tie them with an angle dim and then change that per config.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Reply to
john gaskell

Isn't that kind of a Band-aid if you have access to the sketch? It inserts a feature, rather than just modifying the driving entities. But, of course, I assumed the sketches were available - maybe not valid.....

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have modelled a egg shaped cut within a block. Within the recess has various holes and cuts.

I have found that the egg shaped recess centrline and holes are 0.3 offset from the block centreline. How can I move the recess/holes and cuts 0.3 to the centre of the block?

Reply to
john gaskell

Probably by going back to the sketch that made the egg shaped recess and making sure that its centerline is lined up with the center line of the block. It sounds like you thought it was centered but didn't check to make sure.

Jerry Steiger