Need help guys

I have offset a surface 0.5mm from the main model. So the surface is floating above the model. What command do I use to connect the surface to the model?

Considering it is a curved surface so I cannot extrude it conventionally like normal.

Reply to
voodoochile

Hello,

Create an offset surface with dimension 0mm, then select the surface and select Insert -> Boss -> Thicken. Of course you can thicken your 0.5mm surface as well, to the opposite direction.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

"voodoochile" wrote in news:OfjKf.24830 $ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

I don't know of an automatic way to do this. One way that comes to mind id the following:

  1. Offset original surface 0mm (copy surface)
  2. Hide solid body (to make it easier to see what your picking for step 3
  3. Loft surface between edges to create a closed boundary
  4. Knit surfaces
  5. Thicken with "form solid from closed surface" checked" and "merge" checked

MHill

Reply to
MHill

You can use thicken with the offset surface you have already created. Just make certain you thicken in the direction of the main model if your goal is to make a single body. You will need to thicken by at least 0.5 mm to reach the model, but I would suggest going a little farther so your new feature overlaps the main model slightly. If you use 0.5 mm to thicken, you might encounter an error where the new feature joins the main model.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

Can you do a THICKEN SURFACE