Enh request - tree searching skip mates

I just submitted an enhancement request, and if you agree and have the time, you might want to submit something similar. Here's what I submitted.

When I want to find a particular part in a long tree, I use the Go To search function. But I would like a box to check that would tell it not to stop on mates. As it is now, I may have to wade through 30 stops on mates before I get to the first instance of the part.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

This sounds like a job for a macro. There is a sample in the Examples section of API help that will go entirely through the feature tree in an assembly. One version just finds components and the other will find all the features as well. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt that to search on whatever you want.

TOP The other enhancement guy.

Reply to
TOP