Texture Direction

Hi there,

I'm attempting to use some wood materials for a layout with Real View. Unfortunately about 50% of the time the direction of the grain is wrong in my parts. Is it possible to rotate the grain direction on my part? If so, how is it done?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
cdubea

Just a guess - can you change the angle in the property manager box?

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I don't see how. Highlighting the material and then picking the property box gives no options.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Reply to
cdubea

Hmm, I just tried it and it worked fine. SW2006, BTW. The Materials Editor Property Manager has a section for Visual Properties and one of the sliders is for angle. Sliding this one will make the grain change by a range of

180°.

Oops, I see that I had Advanced graphics checked, which is ok, but also had Standard chosen, rather than RealView - the slider isn't available in the RealView mode.

My only thought is to change your part dimensions to change the part under the texture, rather than the desired method. Sorry.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany