Need Help, swProp2 addin/macro, how do I use a # sign

I am editing the .INI file, but everything I type after a # sign is ignored (as stated in the PDF file that came with the macro). Under the "Material" field, I want to put "11GA 316LSS #4". #4 is the finish, but 4 doesnt show up due the the # sign. Is there anyway I can get 4 to show up? Is there a way to change the ignore character to something else besides the # sign?

Reply to
SW Monkey

I can't test it at the moment - but can you escape it with the '' character? i.e.

11GA 316LSS \#4

Markus.

Reply to
Markus Wankus

\ slash doesnt work. I also tried / slash, $, %, @, !.

Is this written in the .dll file what the comment symbol is? I would have chosen a symbol u would never use.

Reply to
SW Monkey

Figured you would have tried that. I'm at my computer now...and I happen to have the source for swProp2 ;o). Look slike you are out of luck, man. He does a simple Split() on the '#' character (which is defined as a constant in the .dll) and throws out everything after. There is no 'escaping' it - if you'll pardon the pun...

I probably would have chosen the same character, myself. But I also would have allowed an escape route somehow. Can you fake what you want close enough with another character perhaps?

Markus.

SW M> \ slash doesnt work. I also tried / slash, $, %, @, !.

Reply to
Markus Wankus

Well, I need the # symbol to show "Number" 4 finish. Is there another character that looks like the #?

Theres no way to recompile the source, and make a new .dll that has another symbol for comments?

Reply to
SW Monkey

How about using No.4?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

This is just a shot in the dark, because I have no idea what Prop2 is, but have you tried one of the following:

1) If # is 'forbidden' in a routine: use CHR$ version 2) if # is comment char: encapsulate in quotations
Reply to
rocheey