New Processors

I just recieved some new processors from Intel (3.2 Xeon 2Mb Cache) I would love to benchmark these with SW 2004. Does anyone have any recommendations for a benchmarking software? I would like to have one with a large database to compare to.

Thanks Me

Reply to
News

Well there's the 2003 benchmark. I don't know if it will run on '04. YOu couldn't compare the results anyway.

Then there's Mike Wilson's ship in a bottle benchmark, which only stresses the CPU anyway.

You'll have to search this group with Google to get results to compare to.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Ship in bottle, 50 rebuilds 35.42188.................

Don't know what to compare it too.

Me

Reply to
News

Strange. 32.5625 seconds

What is the common setup for this? Hidden lines, shaded, shaded with edges...........?

me

Reply to
News

Our new Athlon64 3200+ are running the ship in 29.14. Look back a few threads for Mike's "Solidworks getting slower with age" thread. I posted my results there.

Also, I use the spec benchmark (read back a few more threads for one from me, from around the first week of Jan). I ran 2003 and then uninstalled

2003, installed 2004, batch converted all the files and fixed any related errors in the models and assy's, then ran the benches again, first with 2004 sp0 and again with sp2 before it got yanked. Have a look back, you'll probably find it interesting. Spec is the closest thing to a standardized test. And you'll be able to compare results to those submitted by the mfgr's such as Intel, AMD, Dell, HP and IBM (with the 2003 test). Again the link is
- look for graphics benchmarks.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Intel changing from 478 pin to 775 pin in 2nd quarter. Buying a new P4 - wait!

Reply to
Wilbert

This is true, when their new prescott core comes out! 800 mhz fsb for the Xeons!! Should be getting them shortly.

Me

standardized

Reply to
News

Reply to
kellnerp

Between you and I, nothing.........

To the best of my knowledge the 3.2 with 2 MB cache is not even released yet. Man it is great being a developer!

Reply to
News