Optimize Solidworks 2004

We have a dual opteron 1.6, 2 GB ECC Ram, Quadro 750 XGL 128Mb Ram
Video Card in our systems. I don't have SolidWorks experience myself
but I
want to optimize them. They seem slower than our previous machines.
I've looked for a tutorial on this subject and have come up dry.
Thanks,
Mike-b
Star Aviation
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or
snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com
Post a follow-up to this message
Reply to
Mike-b
What you need is Matt's handy dandy optimizing guide...
Click on Tools/Options settings.
Lots of good infos in there.
Mike Wilson
Reply to
Mike J. Wilson
Dual Opteron? Boy, that must have cost a bundle. Why dual processor? Have you run any benchmarks to validate your suspicion?
Mike-b wrote:
Reply to
kellnerp
We are moving over from Autocrash 2002 into solidworks. I know Solidworks doesn't utilize dually's but I was tired of people complaining about "my computer won't do this or that". I talked my bosses into letting me build the CAD machines instead of buying off the shelf ones. We bought a couple of HP XW4100's with decent results. I built the new machines for less than $2500 each with OS and Office 2003 Pro. So far we are pleased. I'm just wanting to crank out as much as we can out of these boxes. No benchmarks yet. Probably won't. They are on a huge deadline crunch. Also, the one that seemed slower was due to a bad install. RE-installed SW and runs as smooth as can be.
Mike-b
Reply to
Mike-b
Thanks Mike, I will look into that and try some of those things.
Mike-b
Reply to
Mike-b