OT: ellipse for laser cutting

A little of topic here but, we are cutting some 3/16 steel bases for a customer. The outside shape is an ellipse, 33" x 16". Our laser programming software - NCell and NCExpress won't program a true ellipse so I have to use the pellipse variable in Acad or DWGeditor to set the ellipse to polylines.

Is it possible to control how many polyline sections the ellipse is divided into? The first parts off the laser showed too much transition between the sections. I then imported/exported the dxf file thru Metalsoft, which changed the ellipse into very small line segments. It looks better, but if it's possible to set the polyline length in DWGeditor/Acad it would save a couple steps.

Any insight on this is welcome. Diego

Reply to
Diego

I haven't tried it, but this is available with a 15 day trial:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany