Laser cutting?

Hello Everybody Is there anyone who can laser cut aluminum? I have a pattern which I need a piece of aluminum cut. It is about 8"x18" and about 0.060 to
0.080 thick. thanks .. joe w
    --Laser cutting is very expensive; likewise AWJ cutting. How precise do you dimensions have to be? Maybe you could make do with plasma cutting? Very fast, very cheap.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I'm a poet, my feet show it
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : they're long fellows...
: --Laser cutting is very expensive; likewise AWJ cutting. How : precise do you dimensions have to be? Maybe you could make do with plasma : cutting? Very fast, very cheap. : : --
or "Wire EDM" It's accurate and the expense is in the programming.

Maybe you need to shop around for a price? The world is full of laser cutters and the competition is cut throat.
Best to find someone who can cut directly from your AutoCAD pic.
Cheaper if they can burn a start where your line starts and then follow it down the middle. I usually put internals on a separate layer.
best regards
Robin G Hewitt
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:39:58 -0500, Joe Wachsmann

Laser Cutting's not that expensive. One company recently quoted me $200/hour and the machine feedrate is about 1" per second on 0.060" aluminum. Do a google on "laser cutting"
Cheers, Ed L
www.emachineshop.com
free design software and live accurate pricing. prety neat
Dan

Whatever happened to good old twist drills, bastard files and needle files?
I still use them.... I can't afford LASER cutting.
+brw
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:19:04 +0100, "Tom McEwan"

Tom..
Im a metalworking idiot...
Is a twist drill a bit that I can use in my hand drill? Like a rotary cutting tool? What do I look for when selecting a twist drill?
Thanks

files?

I ran across this recently, but don't know anything about it or the guys involved - Hobbyist Workshop Network:
http://hwn.macetech.com/workshops.php
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.com =======================