Laser cutting?

Hello Everybody Is there anyone who can laser cut aluminum? I have a pattern which I need a piece of aluminum cut. It is about 8"x18" and about 0.060 to

0.080 thick. thanks .. joe w
Reply to
Joe Wachsmann

--Laser cutting is very expensive; likewise AWJ cutting. How precise do you dimensions have to be? Maybe you could make do with plasma cutting? Very fast, very cheap.

Reply to
steamer

or "Wire EDM" It's accurate and the expense is in the programming.

Reply to
Roger Gt

Maybe you need to shop around for a price? The world is full of laser cutters and the competition is cut throat.

Best to find someone who can cut directly from your AutoCAD pic.

Cheaper if they can burn a start where your line starts and then follow it down the middle. I usually put internals on a separate layer.

best regards

Robin G Hewitt

Reply to
Robin G Hewitt

Laser Cutting's not that expensive. One company recently quoted me $200/hour and the machine feedrate is about 1" per second on

0.060" aluminum. Do a google on "laser cutting"

Cheers, Ed L

Reply to
Ed LeBouthillier

free design software and live accurate pricing. prety neat

Dan

Reply to
danscott

Whatever happened to good old twist drills, bastard files and needle files?

Reply to
Tom McEwan

I still use them.... I can't afford LASER cutting.

+brw
Reply to
Bennet Williams

I ran across this recently, but don't know anything about it or the guys involved - Hobbyist Workshop Network:

- dan michaels

Reply to
dan michaels

Tom..

Im a metalworking idiot...

Is a twist drill a bit that I can use in my hand drill? Like a rotary cutting tool? What do I look for when selecting a twist drill?

Thanks

Reply to
danscott