OT-kinda ; connect press

I got an e-mail from SW telling me I could subscribe to the SW community at a place called Connect Press.

I was plotting a 7-sheet drawing, so figured-what gthe heck. I went there and filled out their form,including my password.

Then I got a confirmation e-mail with my password included for my records-normal stuff.

I clicked on the activate button and then tried to enter the site. My password didn't work. Oh well-screw them, I figured. Closed IE and noticed that I another e-mail from those yokels welcoming me again. This one also listed a password that was different from the one I had chosen. I went back to the site and was able to enter with the new and improved password. However, before I could look at anything they wanted me to fill out another form. I looked at it and this was all of the same stuff I had filled out 10 minutes earlier.

Luckily there was also a checkbox to terminate my account, so I just checked that and submitted it.

Why did I choose a password only to have it changed at random? I got 2 confirmation e-mails with different passwords. Then they want new members to fill everything out twice.

If you have time to waste-then go ahead and check them out. Otherwise, consider this a warning.

rant off,

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Interesting - if this continues I will take it to them myself. I have been a member there since they were SolidSolutions magazine, of which some of you remember. They have some good content at that community, but if something is screwed up, I'm sure they would like to know it. I'll watch this thread and take action if necessary. (No, I'm not paid by them, just don't want you to miss out on something that may benefit you, just because of some screw-up.)

[No rant here. :-) ]

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I can't complain about connect press, I signed up and won a prize!!! Bought a lottery ticket that week too ;-)

Reply to
Dave

I've been a member for a while now too, joined when they were in print 1 week later they stopped printing and went online! There is some good content on their site.

I know the frustration of filling out registration forms then having the to fill them out again because of a glitch on the site / firewall / web browser. I highly recomend Roboform for automatically filling out these online forms plus keeping track of passwords

.

John Layne

John Layne

Won a prize - what did you get?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

John,

- rant begin

I don't have anything positive to say about Connectpress (should be con-express). About three years ago they sent out an offer for subscribing for the Solid Solutions magazine by Connectpress. It was for a PRINTED magazine. It paid about US$90. After this they switched to electronic form which ceased to exist shortly after. It was bad enough to have the e-zine version instead what they've promised. Their answer was that it is the same just print it out. For them the matter ended here. After numerous complaints they said that my money is being invested in their new site, which is for free of course and worth about that much anyway. So I had nothing else left but feeling good about sponsoring their whatever future activities for no return. I think the are THIEVES. Don't give them any money directly or indirectly. The just simply CANNOT be trusted. Really, it is not about a few bucks, it is about the principle. Modern form of internet theft. After all this they kindly offered to sign up for their "connectpress community", which is zero in content compare to SS magazine. At least it had some useful content. Their "informative" website actually doesn't contribute to anything. Basically some not really technical articles going on about new trends and other crap. Don't expect any technical or factual articles specifically for SW. It is because they have their other "communities", such as CATIA, Pro/E, UGNX, etc. They have very similar content, very neutral, good for nothing in your everyday life. Lovely people anyway, I guess.

-rant end

Best Regards Attila Bertok

John Kreutzberger wrote:

Reply to
bertok

Me too. I always wondered what they did with the money I gave them that was left over from my unfulfilled subscription.

You would think that a magazine to SolidWorks users could be a success. I enjoyed the print magazine. I would paid for a good SolidWorks magazine.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Actually, you just reminded me, that I was very P---- off at the time. I had just signed and paid up for the printed magazine and never received one as they went to the online version. I do seem to remember receiving one PDF version.

Yes you are right they are crooks, why should I have to pay for something everyone else can get for free.

Early senility must have set in, I had completely forgotten about being ripped off.

John Layne

John Layne

I remember hearing about that at the time and I never did understand why people's money was not returned - seems like it would have been the right thing to do. I didn't get caught in that scenario, but I offer my regrets for those of you that did - sorry. Still, I feel there is some useful content there, so I guess it's a personal choice of whether or not you want to go get something of value for free, or pass on it because you either don't consider it valuable, or don't even want to darken the proverbial door.

WT

"John Layne" >> con-express). About three years ago they sent out an offer for

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I read their emails and occasionally go to the site but I'd never give them another cent of my money - now that I remember being ripped off.

John Layne

John Layne