Outer spline Comb,.. 2007sp1

Spline Combs,.. why aren't they fixed, again? Simple questions,... (sp1 still not fixed) Why wasn't the comb perimeter edge put back? Why couldn't the developer fix what they broke? Why did the developer take away the outer perimeter in the first place, who asked them to remove it? When is it going to be fixed!?

.. (what a freaking joke!)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Jason

I have abslutely no idea who in their right mind would think the new version is clearer. Makes me think that there is some kind of patent infringement. Even if there was a transparent polygon proxy that would help.

Reply to
parel

I hear ya,.. I was just at the SW ng site and wrote back there. I think SW Corp is being told what to do and where to do it by a bunch of arrogant developers who are milking their contracts to the max!! I'm getting that surreal numbing feeling again.... what a incredible business model they've going,.. amazing.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

The curvature "plot" was intentionally turned off for 2007 splines. The reason that it was is that we have a problem with the way that they plotted as they approached the point of inflection in that they incorrectly represent curvature by inverting back on themselves. With the edition of the density control, you can get near the same visual feedback without the plot and without the error that it produces. For our product, as well as many of our competitors, the plot line is a line that is simply plotted through the end points of each of the combs, therefore, it is an approximation.

With that said, I understand you frustration with not having it there where it once existed and we are looking into possibly getting it put back in as a checkbox option.

Regards

PS I've posted this same response over in the SW forum with images of what I'm talking about.

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti