PDMworks and working at home

Hi all,

We are getting pdmworks at my office. I usually work at home 2 days a week and use a portable hard drive with sync software to transport files to and from home.

I've used pdmworks before but not in the context of transporting files. I've confused about the implications of this. I can't very well sync the vaults between home and the office (assuming I would setup a duplicate vault at home).

At my previous job we used the vault really only as a backup machine. In other words we kept our files in a standard network drive for everyday use and only checked into pdmworks to 'backup' a project. We only checked stuff out if we broke or deleted something.

If anyone has encountered a similiar situation I'm anxious to hear how you've dealt with it.

Thanks,

Zander

Reply to
Zander

[...]

Do you need access to all the files in the vault or can you settle for a subset of those files?

Reply to
P.

It's I think easier and safier to work with PDMWorks if you bring work home. You just have to check out (on you local PDMWork workspace) the file you will work on with all it's children and when you'll get back in the office, just check-in the changed files. Your co-worked won't be able to mess with your files while you work on them out of the office because they won't be able to take ownership.

Marc

Reply to
conj

It's best to access to all files since you can never be sure what will come up. But a subset is ok.

Reply to
Zander