Piping Models - Possible Sources for 3D parts

Hello,
A client is considering purchasing the SW Routing Module. They are a refrigeration company so they require the typical 6"-8"
valves, pumps, check valves, etc... to build ice rink equipment.
Part of the evaluation is to determine how much effort is required to create 3D models of various standard piping components.
Basic flanges, Tees, elbows, reducers, etc... are represented in the SW library.
Went through 3D content central and couldn't find any suppliers providing 3D models.
Question: Which companies provide 3D components suitable for use as a routing library.
I'm beginning to think that purchasing the routing program will be the easiest part of the process. Finding models suitable for the design library will be something else.
Len
McMaster Carr, you just have to add your routing stuff.
Thanks,
Now if we could only get them in configurations with routing points and configuration properties filled out.....
Len
Ya, that is the reason we would never pay for the routing module. For its cost, it should have all the fittings included for all different piping types and materials. How is it working for you? Everytime I hear piping (or routing) mentioned, I always hear the word crash.
The number of standard library parts is weak - however, once you get use to using it the way it was designed (rather than the way I want it to work) it does a pretty decent job of it. Creating libraries is kind of lame (like who uses welded endcaps in any of their designs).
The company I'm evaluating it for uses 2D to rough out the design. Most of the components are built in place "on the fly". Re-work, not to mention having fabricators design things on the fly was getting expensive.
In 8 days I've been able to solidify the design for them and issue fabrication drawings. They want to go for fixed price quotes on the frame (skid) because the fabricators know what to quote on down to the number of welds.
Most of the fabrication will be done off site - and then shipped for final assembly and integration. This is the second unit of this type - and the first to be designed using 3D. Should be interesting to compare manufacturing costs between the two when all is said and done.
Question: Where does one find dimensions for weld o-lets and thread o-lets. I haven't been able to find any dimensions on any of the souces mentioned earlier in the thread. Several piping handbooks I've been able to reveiw don't contain the specification for them. Possible source?
Len
I work with the solidworks routing package and it is great. We buil skid mounted equipment which involves alot of piping. I have worke with many of the spec driven CAD piping packages (Cadworx mainly) i the past. You have to customize those too match your specs. wouldn't neccessarily use it for chemical plants or refinerys, bu for something along your lines it would probably work out reall well.
One thing to remember though. It doesn't do ISO's in the traditiona
sense. If your going to be doing a lot of iso's I would probabl lean towards Cadworx. But if your doing spool drawings I woul recommend SW highly