filter in DWGeditor

Help doesn't help much at all on the FILTER or DDFILTER command. I was expecting something like AutoCAD's filter command which allows you to filter
selected items from a selection set. I was planning on writing a LISP routine that would separate out the flat sheetmetal pattern from the rest of the drawing elements. But without a workable FILTER I can't figure out how to erase the dimensions and dashed lines that are on the flat pattern view. Any insight appreciated but note that my abilities are limited to Autolisp..
--
Jeff