AutoLisp-need block help

I am trying to write an AutoLisp routine that will in part, create a block. The problem is that when I create the block, the original entities used for the block creation disappear.

The block create command used at the command prompt calls up a window (called "block definition" ) with various selections on it, 3 of them being to "retain", "convert to block" or "delete" the objects selected for the new block to be created.

How can I set this in AutoLisp so that the creation of my new block does not erase the original entities selected? Is this a system variable? ( can't find it in my AC2000 textbook )

Here is a bit of the code I have:

------ ( princ "\nSelect the items for the new block" ) ( setq SS ( ssget )) ( setq BP ( getpoint "\nget the insertion point of the block") ) ( command ".block" "ablock" BP SS "" )

-----------

Then the original items erase.

Thanks for any help Jarv

Reply to
jarvis

The OOPS command will bring them back. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Thanks Paul, I will try that.

Reply to