Linking 3d space between models...is it possible?

This is a continuation of a previous thread.

We are trying to create a master model for an aircraft that can be used to perform volumetric (Envelope) in conjunction with Advanced Select to load up working assemblies.

The idea is to have a 3d wire diagram space model of the whole aircraft and then perform these selections.

How, if possible, can I link this relatively empty model 3d space to the actual top level assembly 3d space so that after the selection criteria is define then all the model get loaded as a working reference assembly.

The point of all this is for the designers not to have to load a resource hog actual assembly to be able to make these selections

Reply to
Phil Evans