Re: Creating seals

Damn, you got to the response before me! 8^)

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I show o-ring seals in my assemblies. These are usually static seals. There was a thread in here a month or so ago about how people show o-rings and I think the consensus was that most of shpw them under compression ; ie, the working condition.

I hope that answer gets your seal of approval.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

bob z. thinks everybody forgot the seals that live in the ocean or the ones that got the good paying job at the aquarium balancing the ball on his nose.

Reply to
bob zee

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

Doesn't have to be a mechanical seal either. Could be a grease seal W/ neoprene ring. Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube

Nathan, Now that our fun has been had, do this.

  1. Buy or borrow a sample.
  2. Measure profile.
  3. Sketch this profile. (You may choose to show a lip seal ID equal to the shaft OD, deflected outwards, in other words, to avoid the tip embedding into the shaft.)
  4. Revolve.
Reply to
Bruce Wirkkala