making multiple points coincident to a surface at once

If I have multiple points in a 3D sketch how can I make them *all* (or whichever ones I select) coincident to a surface at once without
individually assigning a relationship for each one at a time????
I'm laying out hundreds of holes in a compound skin (using a 3D sketch in the hole wizard) and it's a total chore to assign each individually.
Thanks!
Joa

a typical job for a small macro. the following one will do it if your points are coincident to a single face:
Sub main() Set swApp = Application.SldWorks Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc Set sketch = Part.GetActiveSketch2 If sketch Is Nothing Then MsgBox "The 3DSketch must be open", vbCritical, "Points on Face macro" End End If Set Sel = Part.SelectionManager If Sel.GetSelectedObjectCount <> 1 Or Sel.GetSelectedObjectType(1) <> 2 Then ' FACE MsgBox "You must select the face", vbCritical, "Points on Face macro" End End If Set face = Sel.GetSelectedObject(1) points = sketch.GetSketchPoints For Each i In points i.Select False face.Select True Part.SketchAddConstraints "sgCOINCIDENT" Next i End Sub
if you want to constrain your points to the closest face and to create tangent planes at each point to pattern extrusions, you'll need our SolidSketch add-in (see www.solidplus.com/solidsketch )
--
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com

This is good, thank you. I'm not the best at macros but will give this a try.
Will it also work for making multiple points coincident to one plane? I can 3D sketch points onto a surface (just by clicking on it with a point in the hole wizard) but then need to line them all up in a row on a plane. That's what's really taking the time.
Thanks again!
Joa