Re: eDrawings

Have YOU tried printing the same eDrawings from YOUR computer that they are having trouble with? If so, and if you don't have any trouble printing have you tried sending them YOUR two .dll files? You'll find them in your eDrawings directory. Perhaps theirs are corrupt.

'Spork'

Shane wrote:

> I have a customer who is getting the following error messages when he tries > to print an eDrawing: > > "Emodelviewer has caused an error in EMODELHOOPS.DLL Emodel viewer will now > close". > and > "Emodelviewer has caused an error in HOOPS_NET.DLL Emodel viewer will now > close". > > The eDrawing doesn't Print. This is on a couple of different boxes (both > bricks, one windows 98, and the other windows ME). > > Any Ideas? > Help greatly appreciated.
Reply to
Sporkman

Shane,

It sounds like a video problem to me. HOOPS is "middleware" software for OpenGL. The OpenGL implementations for both Solidworks and Edrawings were written using the HOOPS toolkit. Prior to SW2001 they wrote their own OpenGL source.

It wouldn't surprise me if some older video cards, or drivers, didn't support it. You also have a couple of really crappy OS's you're trying to deal with.

Good luck

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

Hello Shane- Only Windows 98 Second Edition is supported by SolidWorks. Also, checking the SolidWorks website, I see no support of Windows Me. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

True enough, Devon, but he's concerned about his customer using eDrawings Viewer, not SolidWorks. eDrawings ought to work on any Windows machine . . . if it doesn't there's something REALLY wrong with SolidWorks Corp approach to that product. Not that I don't think SolidWorks Corp hasn't made some pretty bad decisions regarding their products . . .

'Spork'

Reply to
Sporkman

Reply to
Sporkman

Hello Mark- When one of my customers switched to SW2003 a few months ago, they found that Win 98 would not function with SW2003. The SW Viewer nor E-Drawings would work for them. After many phone calls and e-mails, we found that SW2003 does not support Win 98 only Win 98 "Second Edition". So, this company had to upgrade to Win 2000 on a dozen or so machines. They weren't too happy about having to do that. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell