Re: Model to animation, apply force(s) on model

>>Good Afternoon; >> >>I am looking for a low-cost way, a package that will allow me to: >> >>1. generate models of 3D object, drawings that can then be given to a >>machine shop. >>2. animate the model >>3. apply external force(s) to the model to see how the model will move. >>(I >>am not looking for stress analysis.) >> >>SOLIDWORKS has such a package. However its price is US$8k, not in my >>budget. >> >>For #3, consider a pendelum that is swinging to and fro. Now apply an >>external force from some angle. What happens to the object? How about >>an >>elevator (w/o guides). It hangs by cables. Now push on the elevator. It >>will tilt. How much? With what force? > > Tried simple manual calculations? > >>Kind Regards, >> Wayne > > Crossposted to comp.cad.solidworks w/o comment ... > -- > Cliff
Reply to
Wayne

I don't know when you last looked into the package that SolidWorks has for this. It is called CosmosMotion. If you have a SolidWorks seat all you would have to do to obtain it is get a SolidWorks Premium seat. The upgrade cost would depend on the package level and your current status regarding Maintenance. You would have to talk to your local VAR regarding this. The Cosmos Motion Package was only recently included in the premium package I believe as of SP3 or 4 of 2006

Regards, Corey

Wayne wrote:

Reply to
CS