Re: Plastics design guide

GE Plastics also has some great information and design guides on their site:

Mark Downey

I don't remember how I heard about this, but it's quite an interesting >book - I received it just for the asking. The title is Engineering >Polymers, Part and Mold Design, Thermoplastics, A Design Guide, put out by >Bayer MaterialScience. > > It's 7 chapters entitled: > > 1. Part design process: concept to finished part > 2. General design > 3. Structural design > 4. Design for assy > 5. Machining & finishing > 6. Painting, plating, & decorating > 7. Mold design > > For those of us that don't design plastic parts but once every 5 years, > and then have a molder really do the design from that point, it's a good > resource to understanding the considerations in this type of application. > At least you would have some understanding of the terminology, etc. > > If you are interested, you could probably get a copy by calling > 800-6662-2927. Their website at >
> might also be of some use. > > WT > >
Reply to
Mark Downey