Re: Pushing 1.3gig's!!

I suppose you mean like 850 system + 450 page by that?- for a 40 mb file?

> seems like a lot given some folks have said they use something like that for > 3000 parts-any ideas as to why this has increased given your last machine > was using 600mb-if my mem serves me-?

Are you using Photoworks 2 try it with Photoworks off

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Paul,

It isn't that hard to do. I have a simple hole pattern that will run SW out of memory which happens at about 1.4-1.5 gigs.

Paul Salvador wrote:

Reply to
kellnerp

Neil,

No. 1.3gig's of system memory out of my 2gig's of system memory and I'm not using PW2. From my last system I would push it over 750megs (512megs system, 250 virtual/swap) but I would only open view or render but rarely work on data swapping over my system memory.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Corey,

PW2 is not active.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Oh and, I can believe a 3K or 5K assembly only using a small amount of ram depending on the "relative" complexity and how they are loading the data.

So for those who think they believe complexity is related to how many parts they have in their assembly... well let's say that is what seperates people who understand what is and what is not complex.

As a logical threshold of understanding fills the air, a seagull flying overhead drops a white moist sparkle of reality a top the platitude of thoughts..

... ;^)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

not much point it talking to you about anything is there.....

Reply to
neil

Actually, Neil, there is not much to say. I was stating a fact and it seems people want to respond with reasons, excuses or defense to why SW is using this amount of memory. It simply is relative to what geometry and methods each person uses. And, for what I consider relativitly simple data, I know SW is a hog and/or is poor in using memory resources but I'm sure SW Corp can fall back on saying this is a M$ OS issue.

No biggy, just watching out for white globulins as I make my way down the path..

..later

Reply to
Paul Salvador

another seagull . . . . .

*
Reply to
neil

Hah! Add "Virtually, we have.." it?s exactly how it is!! 8^)

I'm consistently pushing over 700megs every day now.

What?s interesting, relative to swapping to the harddisk then, is now I know things are slowing down when I start going over 1 gig but no HD noise.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador