Re: Totally OT, but relative to careers etc.... yobs and all that..

Its also very interesting to note that the current US debt to GNP ratio is much higher than at the time of the great Wall St crash.

The US is not bankrupt, it has far too many resources for that to happen, but, its going to see some pain in the next 5 years.

Most of this pain will be due to the fact that the US economies strength is based on spending. The counter outcome of this is thet US citizens have the smallest per capita savings of any western economy.

The Japanese survived the "missing years" of the nineties due to the fact that

15% of their reserves was persomnal savings, they were able to ride it out.

Mr Greenspan and GW have brought the greatest economy in the world to its knees during their tenure, quite a record!!

The other thing to note is that these large banks being thrown a lifeline by the US government are getting "funny money", its still wet from the printers machine.

China ownes $500 billion in US treasury bonds as well as huge cash resources followed very closely by the oil producing countries. This money is being spent back in the US

as its value overseas is very diminished. You are now seeing large swathes of US assets being bought by overseas companies.

Even Canadian banks are getting in on the action by buying up US banks at rock bottom prices.

Its not all "Doom and Gloom" but I guess some severe home economics amputations will be be performed sooner rather than later.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

ations will be be performed sooner rather than later.

When times get tough it is time for the tough to get creative.

If you are tough, then it is time for new attitudes & thinking, new actions, new products and services. These priniciples have always resulted in new business in bad times when someone creates a better "product". Companies will buy products that answer the mandate of "better at lower cost".

How many products have we seen where there are major and minor design faults? How many times have you said "I could easily design a better product than that." or "I could make a product out of 1 or 2 pieces to take the place of the existing 6 piece products."?

What is stopping you from doing it?

Reply to
Bo

Don't forget all those losers in Congress. Time for a revolution! If you got guns, keep 'em well oiled with plenty of ammo nearby. If you got a pitchfork, start sharpening the tines. Time to kick those bums outta Congress--the whole lot, beginning with Pelosi. By the way, I'm all for drilling for oil everywhere possible, including in all caribou mating grounds possible.

Reply to
madcadman