REQ: A method or tool to allow importation and manipulation of a SVG (scalable vector graphic) into SolidWorks

Hi, I've looked in the usual places but have not been able to find a plug in or utility that would allow me to convert or import an .svg file
in order to easily add protruding text and a logo to an existing SolidWorks file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you - darkman -
replied

Hi Devin,
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I tried Corel..
Sorry, I forgot in my frustration to mention that the .SVG file was generated in an Apple version of Adobe Illustrator in a modified bedone font..ya just have to love those guys..damn designers <g> ..
On a fast and fat machine..Corel..great program just went chomp, chomp, chomp...on the apple...
I just got a couple different file formats from the artist.. but they seem not a lot better than the first..
file.ait file.svgs supposedly for peeps using windows instead of apple format.
Most everything that I have found shows me how to export a file from most all cad programs into SVG format...
and the apple addition to the equation certainly will not help us to find a simple solution.... ratz... Any other ideas sir?
- darkman -
get him to give you an .eps file Also, you might ask him to convert the type into outlines. (Create Paths for the type instead of keeping the font) forget about .svg files take that into corel and turn into a dxf