WMF (or .AI, or EPS) Import to SolidWorks

I am trying to import a Windows Meta File (WMF) into SolidWorks. I am generating the files from Adobe Illustrator. Insert > Object gives me just an icon of the file in a new part.

Basically, I need to take a logo built in Illustrator and put the lines into SolidWorks so they can be extruded on a product. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JJ

-for email replace spam with JJ

Reply to
JJ

If you have Rhino3D, just import the *.ia file and export as a DXF, DWG or IGES.

JJ wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

or skip rhino ... and save from illustrator as dxf. open dxf in solidworks, you have option to create either a drawing or part from dxf

Reply to
kenneth b

You're right, that's what he should do, if his version of adobe illustrator has a dxf export or plugin. Yeah, normally, it really should be that easy.

..

kenneth b wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador