Pro Engineer Wildfile DC2003210 Parasolid Import Help

I am trying to import a UG Parasolid file extionsion .X_T into Pro Wildfire but I have been unsuccessful. The message that I am getting is "No files or Directories found" My working directory is the location of the import file and I can browse to it and choose it with no problems. Can Pro import Parasolids from UG? Do I need to make a configuration change. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Darren

Reply to
Darren DeCoste

I'm sure I don't have a clue. I'm working with the same DC, don't remember ever having enabled any options (there's one for export only), haven't had any problems with the few I've done.

Are you sure it's a valid file? Part, assembly? The "not found" makes it sound like your file may have links to external part files (?).

Invalid characters in file name?

Sorry, all I can do is guess.

If it's not very large (~ 1 MB) you can email it to me and I'll give it a whirl. Other possibles might include posting a plea for help to comp.cad.solidworks, or another ParaSolid based group. Steptools.com has a ParaSolid STEP translaton service (free).

==================================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Pro/e successfully imports Parasolid parts and assemblies. Can you export a part to Parasolid? Do you get messages when you start up saying there were "communication errors" and telling you that "certain functions will not be available"? I'm only guessing this might be the case because your software date code is too low. After the timeout bug was discovered and patch got installed about six months ago, everyone should have at least 2003490 for a date code. If you go to this ng's archive on Google Groups and search for 'timeout', there was a lot of discussion about it at that time. If you didn't get your software patched (Rip van Winkle syndrome, pirated software, etc.), you may be SOL.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

? Is is possible that 2003490 was the first build to implement the timeout fix?

I've flushed all that stuff from memory, but if I remember correctly there were two patches for foundation, one wasn't necessary for some things and the other necessary for everything. Just asking because I did apply one patch (am still running, anyway ) and still list datecode 2003210. (Curiosity question, mostly.)

=======================

Reply to
Jeff Howard
3?) expressed to you and do the equivalent of a fresh install?
Reply to
David Janes

No, I didn't! Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading that 490 was supposed to be shipped to maint customers. Oh, well.... cellophane, cellophane, that's my name; Mr. Cellophane....

(I keep thinking I need to get off my duff and get WF2 CD's anyway....)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

David and everyone.

Thank you for the reply. I was able to export a parasolid with no problem and then re-import it no problem also. I am assuming that the file that was sent to me is not a good Parasolid file. I do have a current license for the Pro Wildfire just I am slow at applying pataches:) Unfortunately I am unable to send the file to anybody else to have them check to see if they can pull it up, confidentiality agreements:) I do really appreciate the offers on that. Thank you for all your help.

Darren

Reply to
Darren DeCoste