serpentine curve on hemispherical surface

I'm stumped. I'm trying to create a serpentine path on a 1/3 hemispherical surface so I can create a cooling tube which winds back and fore on the surface. I've tried all sorts of 3D sketches, but either the horizontal lines won't stay horizontal or the bends at the end won't stay tangent to the horizontal lines.

I can send an image of what I've got if anyone can help. email is parkatsensortrandotcom

Imagine a vertical orange slice (120 degrees wide) cut in half and the curved surface has a continuous line on it that zig zags back and fore horizontally. The horizontal line are 50mm apart with a 25mm radius curve at the ends.

Brian Park Sensortran

Reply to
floman

hey,

can you try creating the horizontal lines as surfaces (extruded), which you then fillet to get your end rads and then trim back to the curve of the 'orange' - then use the edge of teh trimmed surfaces. Not really sure I'm getting it from your description!

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

Have you looked at using the wrap function?

Reply to
T. Struemke

jmather

Reply to
alphawave

Brian,

It will take some development but this is what I can up with,..

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador