Solidworks Explorer Licensing

Can Solidworks Explorer be used on non solidwork stations to view and print drawings without purchasing a solidworks explorer license?

Reply to
AlDman

Try "Edrawings" free, can also open and print , parts, assemblys, DXF, DWG

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Always get simplistic responses in this group. Can't have non- solidworks stations access the vault with e-drawings. Thats the goal. Could use PDM works prior to 2007. I think it may be impossible now without buying SW explorer license?

Reply to
AlDman

Gee, sorry,(NOT) for the simplistic response but I didn't see anything about "vault" in the original post.

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

You need PDMW Workgroup Standalone ($$$) to access the vault. Just like you needed PDMW Standalone prior to 2007.

Not to be confused with Solidworks Explorer which is free but cannot access the vault.

Reply to
kenneth

"Michael Eckstein" wrote

Michael, I'm not sure you have a place in this forum if you can't read people's minds. :-) John

Reply to
John H

In a round-about way it can be done. If you keep a copy of the "most recent" files in the vault ( simple option checkmark ), and make sure only appropriate people have folder access. SW explorer can view the vault files, won't have access to previous revs limited searching, and potentially a lot of space consumed, but better than dumping cash for a standalone pdm licence.

Reply to
Brian

"Michael Eckstein" wrote in message news:LIPNh.7$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.lga...

AlDman is a dumbass.