SolidWorks Greenhorn

I've just built 10 parts and all of them seem to be fully defined, but I've noticed that all my drawings show "Under Defined" "Editing Sheet 1" on the status bar even though I've got them dimensioned and saved. What could be causing this? Several of the parts are round and have identical bearing pockets on both faces. Is it enough to dimension one and add TYP. or BOTH SIDES to the dimension text or does SW insist that both features be fully dimensioned? Obviously I dimensioned them in the part file.

Mike

Reply to
RayDOsity

The note in the status bar refers to the state of sketch entities in the drawing view, not sketches behind model geometry in the drawing view. Just ignore it unless you specifically need to have some line, etc fully defined in the view. For example, putting in a reference line without fully defining its length will show Under Defined, but you may have actually made it collinear with the model plane, but not defined its length because you don't care.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks Wayne. That's what I suspected.