SolidWorks NURBS EDITOR UPDATE

Hey all, The editor is now updated and should work better. I introduced a few new things, the big ones being: Periodic Surfaces in any direction (doughnuts too!). And, the ability to "preview" your surface while editing it. Also, I squashed several bugs.

As always, let me know what you think! I really would like everyone's honest opinion on it. It's the only way it will improve! Thanks!!

_andrew_

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Goto:

to get it!!

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Goto:

to get it!!

Reply to
plasmaandrew

ok well early feedback with v2/2005sp0.1 the preview works well but,

1) there seems to be a rebuild problem if you exit without changing anything that needs a ctrl Q to clear it 2) I use 2 monitors and in the other split screen I am getting only points and not lines showing ...not a biggy could be a SW release issue ...had a few problems with that...also your options box is always in the middle of the whole window doesn't remember position?could this be placed up in the corner next to the FM? 3) I selected multiple points and then dragged one.. they all came along for the ride but the xyz is greyed out ..but readable...can we have access to that?

looking good though Andrew...keep working on it. you would make my day with the 5 nurbs though.. cheers neil

Reply to
neil

Thanks for the response. keep them coming, the more responses i get for something, the better the chance I will enhance (or fix!) it.

_andrew_

Reply to
plasmaandrew

One thing I learned playing with version 1 was that the control points can have relations to existing geometry. This answers my enhancement request for grouping and in a much more powerful way than rhino. I can for example make the four interior cps coincident to the corners of a rectangular construction line sketched on a plane some distance from the face I start with. In fact once the cps are generated I really don't need to have any of the cps on that face. Interesting.

Reply to
P.

Andrew,

In using V.02 it seems that the created NURBS surface, with no manipulation, has a lot of deviation from the original surface. I could send you a "for instance" if you would like.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I believe what you are referring to is the very nature of nurbs. However, nurbs do offer a way to "weight" points, so that you can have the surface move closer to the actual point. I may implement this if enough people tell me they want it, as it will most likely be fairly time consuming.

_andrew_

Reply to
plasmaandrew