SOLIDWORKS NURBS EDITOR (REPOST)

Hey All,

My sincerest apologies for reposting this. I had noticed that the download count has dropped a bit, so I thought perhaps people we're maybe not aware of the macro. So, Here it is again for those of you who may have not seen the NURBS Editor.

Thanks Everyone!

_andrew_

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Hi Andrew, have you changed anything since last time?

Reply to
neil

Nope, I sure haven't. I really haven't gotten enough feedback to make adjustments to it... So, it has been somewhat of a low priority. I would, however, like to make a gallery with images of models that everyone created. I am not planning on creating a commercial version of this software at any point in time, so don't worry, it will always be free.

Thanks Everyone!

_andrew_

Reply to
plasmaandrew

I would have thought you got more than enough feedback to keep you busy for some time....weighting,variable number of points or at least 5,interface tidy up,the last row display issue,the rebuild problem,accuracy of fit issue,etc etc...in a nut shell...sorry but presently it isn't a lot of practical use.

Reply to
neil

Rebuild problem? This is a new one on me. Can you explain a bit?

Reply to
plasmaandrew

well I already have...did you read the replies people gave to your post asking for feedback?

Reply to
neil

I sure did. I assume the rebuild problem isn't so much a problem with the process of rebuilding as it is a problem with the GUI not reacting correctly when a rebuild happens. What I meant by not recieving enough feedback is that whereas some people have said a few things they would like to see, not enough people have spoken saying what they would like to see. So, of course, this makes things a lower priority. I may hop back into it though, because i have several other rendering and exporter plugins that i'll probably give away as well.

Reply to
plasmaandrew

well I guess either the existing feedback covers it already or perhaps not many people are especially interested ...things only have a short life here..about 3-4 days visibility typically...and of course the responses frequently aren't all that invigorating anyway....you don't want to post a discussion here requiring heavy use of grey matter... and of course there are a large number of silent spectators who say next to nothing but are happy to download something for free. re the rebuild - what I did IIRC was to create a surface and replace one on an object - that part is ok - then I decided to go back and change it......but then after all I thought better of it and tried to exit without doing anything...and this was the problem it would not rebuild..either in the confirmation corner or via the rebuild icon...the solution was to ctrl Q.

cheers, keep at it, it has potential neil

Reply to
neil

Right. That's what I thought. The problem lies in that the box was designed to close only on a rebuild. Since you didn't change anything, there was nothing to rebuild, so the box stays around for eternity. I think i have a solution for that.

I recently had a look at catia's NURBS implementation, and i must say, that they're remarkably similar. In that you create a nurbs surface from another face and then they aren't connected anymore; you can delete the original face and the nurbs still stays. But I guess you could still call mine the "really crappy version" ;)

Reply to
plasmaandrew