Plz Read: NARAM-46 Web Site Now Open

All -

I'm happy to report that the web site for NARAM-46 is now open!

The url is

Charlie Sykos is performing an admirable job as our webmaster. Having broadband in Kealakua, Hawaii helps.

The web site's not static - we'll be adding content in the coming weeks (an application would be nice). What I do want people to do is to start thinking about their vacation (is NARAM a vacation?) plans for 2004 and consider booking your room at the host hotel. Washington, DC is one of the top vacation destinations in the country especially for families. Most of the museums here have no admission fees (read: f-r-e-e) thanks to Ma and Pa Taxpayer. Getting into and around the city via public transit (read: Metro Rail) is fairly easy and safe. The Vienna/Fairfax-GMU Station is less then

20 minutes from the hotel. Most of the Smithsonian museums, Capital, Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial are all located on the Mall. We've added an attractions page to the web site to help one navigate all there is to do in the DC metro area. Yes Virginia, there will be a rocket meet next year in The Plains, however I've spend many a NARAM at sites where I'm glad my family was not joining me for the 'fun'.

Once again -

I look forward to hearing from one and all.

Jonathan Rains

NAR #13911

NARAM-46 CD

Reply to
Jonathan Rains

Congratulations, Jon! This is going to be a fantastic event!

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Would you know offhand if the motel is "pet friendly". Or if not have an alternate place in the area that is. I can't remember if we took our dog with last time or not, and things change in 15 years. In fact, I don't remember anything at all of the hotel. But I DO still remember the Muncie and Henrietta Ramadas...

BTW, will this be the second NARAM of the 19th century?

Bob Kaplow

Bob: looks like Goddard don't get to goto NARAM46:

at the bottom of the page: Sorry, no pets allowed!

get a docters statement saying you need him for "per therapy"...

Also can I get a copy of you and alan's R&D report on streamers? I'm sorry that I have to talk to you like this in public, but since I can'r email you without it bounching back I have no alternative....

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Interesting. The Holiday-inn.com web site says otherwise. I guess I'll have to deal with the one that says "yes"!

Or maybe 1904? Still, it made for a "unique" NARAM patch...

Bob Kaplow

Bob -

Obviously what we have here is a failure to communicate. The corporate Holiday Inn web site says pets allowed while the hotel's own web site says no pets.

Sounds like a coin toss.

Jonathan

?_requestid=249201> ...

Jonathan Rains

hmmm wonder if they will let me leave a machine plugged in. then I can wifi the whole hotel maybe.

informed me that all telephones have dataports for free dial

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I doubt the beltway is either Bob !

/ArtU

Art Upton

The report was actually all my work. As I mentioned yesterday, it's available as part of one of the NARTS journals. Not sure if that is text only, or has any drawings.

At any rate, I've taken the original LaTeX, converted it back to ASCII, and stuffed it at

Interesting note about this report: This is the only serious R&D project I ever did, back when NIRA was seriously competing for National Championship. One of NIRAs A divisioners got access to Fermi for drop tests, so at the last minute I threw this experiment together, and we co-collected our data. It wasn't much more effort to drop two sets of test objects vs one set.

Having no experience with R&D, I scanned through all my NAR and MIT journals, looking for a well written report, and "borrowed" its format. The one I chose happened to have been written by one Arthur H Barber. Guess who the head R&D judge was at NARAM that year? At any rate, I placed second, and Trip's comments to me afterward were "very dry subject, very well done".

Bob Kaplow

Latex is better converted to pdf with free print to pdf programs.

The whole point of latex was formatting.

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yea. But everything else on my chad web site is plain ASCII. And I haven't had a working copy of LaTeX for a decade...

Bob Kaplow

Yes. I'd have to FIND something I haven't seen in 19 years...

Bob Kaplow

I actually have a copy--would you believe I had read it and recognized in on Bob's site. I ordered a load of stuff from NARTS once, and this is in the "NAR Technical Review, Volume VII: Proceedings of NARAM 26," April 1985, Dave Cook, editor.

There is a figure, which is a 1-page hand-scrawled sketch of the five streamer folding methods. I could scan it if Bob doesn't mind.

Peter Alway

Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709

scale data at:

PeteAlway

Depending on which rooms you peer into, would change your 'rating' (PG, PG-13, R, X)! :

Reply to
chad

Please do. I suppose I should buy the NARTS report, just like I should buy your 2003 ROTW supliment with my Conestoga-1 data in it :-)

Bob Kaplow

Definitely NOT your room!

Bob Kaplow

From past experience, all you'd find is one large midwestern corn-fed male in the fetal position with an empty 12-pack nearby, sleeping on the floor because the beds are covered with inventory. Look for a broken airconditioner in the background and a 'significant other' rolling her eyes and kicking the aforementioned mass on the floor. ;)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

THAT should be in the FAQ!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I heard back from the Manassas Holiday Inn. They recently changed their policy regarding pets.

Here's the deal:

Pets are welcome only on the ground floor and these rooms are all double beds - smoking rooms.

Jonathan Rains

NARAM-46 CD

">

Reply to
Jonathan Rains

well, I was thinking of bringing my cigar puffing poodle, but while i can bear my pipe smoke, the two of us inthe same room is too much!

Reply to
tater schuld