Plz Read: NARAM-46 Web Site Now Open

All -
I'm happy to report that the web site for NARAM-46 is now open!
The url is

Charlie Sykos is performing an admirable job as our webmaster. Having
broadband in Kealakua, Hawaii helps.
The web site's not static - we'll be adding content in the coming weeks (an
application would be nice). What I do want people to do is to start thinking
about their vacation (is NARAM a vacation?) plans for 2004 and consider
booking your room at the host hotel. Washington, DC is one of the top
vacation destinations in the country especially for families. Most of the
museums here have no admission fees (read: f-r-e-e) thanks to Ma and Pa
Taxpayer. Getting into and around the city via public transit (read: Metro
Rail) is fairly easy and safe. The Vienna/Fairfax-GMU Station is less then
20 minutes from the hotel. Most of the Smithsonian museums, Capital,
Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial are all located on the Mall. We've
added an attractions page to the web site to help one navigate all there is
to do in the DC metro area. Yes Virginia, there will be a rocket meet next
year in The Plains, however I've spend many a NARAM at sites where I'm glad
my family was not joining me for the 'fun'.
Once again -

I look forward to hearing from one and all.
Jonathan Rains
NAR #13911
NARAM-46 CD
Reply to
Jonathan Rains
Congratulations, Jon! This is going to be a fantastic event!
Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt
Would you know offhand if the motel is "pet friendly". Or if not have an alternate place in the area that is. I can't remember if we took our dog with last time or not, and things change in 15 years. In fact, I don't remember anything at all of the hotel. But I DO still remember the Muncie and Henrietta Ramadas...
BTW, will this be the second NARAM of the 19th century?
Bob Kaplow
Bob: looks like Goddard don't get to goto NARAM46:
at the bottom of the page: Sorry, no pets allowed!
get a docters statement saying you need him for "per therapy"...
Also can I get a copy of you and alan's R&D report on streamers? I'm sorry that I have to talk to you like this in public, but since I can'r email you without it bounching back I have no alternative....
shockie
> Would you know offhand if the motel is "pet friendly". Or if not have an > alternate place in the area that is. I can't remember if we took our dog > with last time or not, and things change in 15 years. In fact, I don't > remember anything at all of the hotel. But I DO still remember the Muncie > and Henrietta Ramadas... > > BTW, will this be the second NARAM of the 19th century? > > > Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" > >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! > Save Model Rocketry from the HSA!
shockwaveriderz
Interesting. The Holiday-inn.com web site says otherwise. I guess I'll have to deal with the one that says "yes"!
Or maybe 1904? Still, it made for a "unique" NARAM patch...
Bob Kaplow
Bob -
Obviously what we have here is a failure to communicate. The corporate Holiday Inn web site says pets allowed while the hotel's own web site says no pets.
Sounds like a coin toss.
Jonathan
?_requestid=249201> ...

Jonathan Rains
hmmm wonder if they will let me leave a machine plugged in. then I can wifi the whole hotel maybe.
Chris Taylor

informed me that all telephones have dataports for free dial
Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr
I doubt the beltway is either Bob !
/ArtU

Art Upton
The report was actually all my work. As I mentioned yesterday, it's available as part of one of the NARTS journals. Not sure if that is text only, or has any drawings.
At any rate, I've taken the original LaTeX, converted it back to ASCII, and stuffed it at
Interesting note about this report: This is the only serious R&D project I ever did, back when NIRA was seriously competing for National Championship. One of NIRAs A divisioners got access to Fermi for drop tests, so at the last minute I threw this experiment together, and we co-collected our data. It wasn't much more effort to drop two sets of test objects vs one set.
Having no experience with R&D, I scanned through all my NAR and MIT journals, looking for a well written report, and "borrowed" its format. The one I chose happened to have been written by one Arthur H Barber. Guess who the head R&D judge was at NARAM that year? At any rate, I placed second, and Trip's comments to me afterward were "very dry subject, very well done".
Bob Kaplow
Latex is better converted to pdf with free print to pdf programs.
The whole point of latex was formatting.
:)
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Yea. But everything else on my chad web site is plain ASCII. And I haven't had a working copy of LaTeX for a decade...
Bob Kaplow
Yes. I'd have to FIND something I haven't seen in 19 years...
Bob Kaplow
I actually have a copy--would you believe I had read it and recognized in on Bob's site. I ordered a load of stuff from NARTS once, and this is in the "NAR Technical Review, Volume VII: Proceedings of NARAM 26," April 1985, Dave Cook, editor.
There is a figure, which is a 1-page hand-scrawled sketch of the five streamer folding methods. I could scan it if Bob doesn't mind.
Peter Alway
Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709
scale data at:
PeteAlway
Depending on which rooms you peer into, would change your 'rating' (PG, PG-13, R, X)! :
Reply to
chad
Please do. I suppose I should buy the NARTS report, just like I should buy your 2003 ROTW supliment with my Conestoga-1 data in it :-)
Bob Kaplow
Definitely NOT your room!
Bob Kaplow
From past experience, all you'd find is one large midwestern corn-fed male in the fetal position with an empty 12-pack nearby, sleeping on the floor because the beds are covered with inventory. Look for a broken airconditioner in the background and a 'significant other' rolling her eyes and kicking the aforementioned mass on the floor. ;)
-John
Reply to
John DeMar
THAT should be in the FAQ!
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
I heard back from the Manassas Holiday Inn. They recently changed their policy regarding pets.
Here's the deal:
Pets are welcome only on the ground floor and these rooms are all double beds - smoking rooms.
Jonathan Rains
NARAM-46 CD
">
Reply to
Jonathan Rains
well, I was thinking of bringing my cigar puffing poodle, but while i can bear my pipe smoke, the two of us inthe same room is too much!
Reply to
tater schuld