Re: hi....

time to start lookin for launch fields, eh tai?

Reply to
tater schuld

That is going to be a problem.... except in Tainan area in wusanto (which is HOT AS HELL and humid too)and even then the biggest field I can use is for H's... and I dont think I can get them here. Any info on rocketry activity in Asia? On the other hand though I have more chances to launch those rocket that blows up in the sky... (Taiwan has fewer restrictions on firewroks than USA)

Reply to
tai fu

Tai, are you still alive? Where in the heck have you been?

Reply to
Reece Talley

Well, Tai, if that's really you, then as salaamu alaikum, and welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear that you had to discontinue your schooling, and that you have no opportunity for HPR back home. But you *can* play with more fireworks than we can in North America, so that's something!

Reply to
Marcus Leech

There's alot of getting used to, like try typing chinese!

I was told on 9/11 its a Chinese holiday, something about the moon gods or something... there will be fireworks and stuff... not sure where to get them though... I mean its almost everyday here you'd hear firecrackers going off when therre's a celebration of some kind. In North America you'd have to go through all kind of BS to be able to use fireworks in weddings...

Reply to
tai fu

rather than suggest to him something that might be dangerous in a forum that could be monitored by our own government, why not have him go to one of the fireworks manufacturers and have him regale to them the joys of model rocketry in the states and the hardships he has attempting to find engines, tubes and other whatnot that could spark an offshoot industry in his country that could be another source of engines for us?

Reply to
tater schuld

I can certify for a fact there is no "might" to this fear.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Because he's not in the U.S. and those who monitor us can't touch him. If I tear apart a fireworks rocket that's already been fired and they want to come after me, then let them come.

I considered suggesting custom work, but the Chinese make millions of fireworks and sell them for almost nothing. I doubt they would want to waste valuable time on a few pieces of custom work. It's possible that someone might help him, but doubtful.

Rather than reply to my post to make your point of govt monitoring buddies and give them even more notice, why didn't you just reply to him directly with your wonderful joys of model rockety?

Reply to
Tim

I had fireworks at my wedding. It was no big deal. You just have to live in a state that allows them.

Reply to
Rocket Flyer

We had fireworks on the honeymoon. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

"Rhhickok" ¦b¶l¥ó news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Still finding a job so I dont have time for hobbies... right now it's riding subway trains and filling out resume's...

but I did have an interview at a local BnQ (a home-depot look-alike) and it looks promising that I will get a position there... who knows?

Reply to
tai fu