Speech recognition inside Solidworks

Does anyone have Windows XP speech recognition functioning with Solidworks? I had it working for spin box dimension inputs a couple of years ago, but can't seem to get it going with SWX 2006 SP3.3. Speech recognition works fine in the Office products. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Whenever I read about this I think about a Dilbert newspaper caroon I saw a few years ago;

Dilbert says to a co-worker- "Hey, check out my new voice recognition software!"

The co worker replies "Select all, Delete!"

Cheers, Devon

"Michael Eckstein" wrote in message news:ZeDUf.162$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.lga...

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell

Have you tried Dragon naturally speaking?

/Mike S

Reply to
solidworks

I did get the spin box inputs to work by voice (in XP) by checking the "extend support of advanced text services to all programs" in the advanced settings of the language tool bar. There is limited support for commands in the upper levels. If you say "file", then "open" nothing happens, but if you click "file" then say "open" you get a directory file listing. There are several areas that need some work to get them to act like a "office" document which you can almost completely run on voice. Maybe someday??????

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Just came across speak4CAD

its an Autocad add on but may be worth looking at.

Reply to
Pete