Molding around a manifold

Guys,

I am a block and hole type of designer so this is new to me. Picture a set of small hypodermic tube manifolds (Y shaped) arranged in a row. I have modeled them and spacially arranged them where I want them. I now want to put a cube of plastic around them with the legs of the y's still sticking out (molded around the tubes) I know I can make a cube a mate it to the manifolds but how do I then cut out the plastic from inside the tube. Is there a way to subtract one solid from another ?

I am not asking how to design the mold, I am going to let some small run injection company tell me how to do that, I am simply trying to model what the end result I would like to get to.

Any direction would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan

Reply to
dan.kanfoush

After you have the manifolds in position in the block run a "cavity" routine. If you want the plastic inside the tube removed, plug the open end of the tube in the block.

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Thanks Mike that worked great. Figured it was simple.

Dan

Reply to
dan.kanfoush