Molding around a manifold

Guys,
I am a block and hole type of designer so this is new to me. Picture a
set of small hypodermic tube manifolds (Y shaped) arranged in a row. I
have modeled them and spacially arranged them where I want them. I now
want to put a cube of plastic around them with the legs of the y's
still sticking out (molded around the tubes) I know I can make a cube
a mate it to the manifolds but how do I then cut out the plastic from
inside the tube. Is there a way to subtract one solid from another ?
I am not asking how to design the mold, I am going to let some small
run injection company tell me how to do that, I am simply trying to
model what the end result I would like to get to.
Any direction would be really appreciated.
Thanks.
Dan
Reply to
dan.kanfoush
After you have the manifolds in position in the block run a "cavity" routine. If you want the plastic inside the tube removed, plug the open end of the tube in the block.
Mike Eckstein
Reply to
Michael Eckstein
Thanks Mike that worked great. Figured it was simple.
Dan
Reply to
dan.kanfoush