surfacing ? help please

I have a section of a solid that I want to define a local compund section and raise it up 1mm. Think of it as a coin sized diameter wuth a .24nn ext. cut sitting on a sphere. I've offset the surface by the 1mm I need but cant recall how to join the offset surface to the existing surface on the sphere. I;ve looked at alternatives but htis seems to be the easiest way vs. offsetting the shape in an extruded solid.

Hope I've explained it correctly. TIA.

Reply to
Wonderman