SW2003 SP5.1 is no bargain

I'm going back to SP4.0 (again -- 3rd time). I've got two very similar parts with identical loft cuts in them which rebuild differently. I've also got a part which shows no rebuild errors, and if you delete or suppress the very last feature (a simple fillet feature) half the Feature Tree goes red. SolidWorks QA has still got a long way to go before they can put out a service pack without regressions.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Charlotte, NC

Reply to
Sporkman

Damn! I just loaded SWks on a new M60 and upgraded to SP 5.0. I hope the 5.0 is not afflicted.

Productivity is the sole reason for using SolidWorks. I sure hope I don't have to regress to SP4. Just more time loss.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson

I didn't notice such problems with 5.0 (although I noticed other problems I didn't like), but of course that doesn't mean they didn't exist. IMHO SP4.0 is the least problematic, but I can only speak for the kind of work I do which includes almost no surfacing and little complex geometry (although I do get into draft angles a fair bit because of injection molding considerations).

'Sporky'

Bo Claws> Damn! I just loaded SWks on a new M60 and upgraded to SP 5.0. I hope

Reply to
Sporkman