swworld sunday?

Is there any reason to show up on Sunday? The agenda for that day is a little empty.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

Generally Sunday is used for the discussion groups, which I haven't seen organized yet, and for the boot camp, and for the CSWP exam. The pavilion also opens Sunday evening, so if you are not doing any of the other events, you still want to arrive for the Sunday night opening so you aren't rolling into town early Monday morning.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

Did you do the survey monkey survey the other day about the Discussion Groups? What were your selections? And the final question worth 100 points; Will we get a confirmation on the sessions that we selected?

Muggs

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

Ummm, I don't believe I was offered a survey. I guess I'm either a shoe-in, or they don't want me there. Maybe I won't venture a guess as to which is correct......

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Well I'm arrived at 1pm sunday now - so it's a compromise, last year I arrived friday night to do alpha testing on saturday and cswp on sunday so this has a nice impact on the number of nights hotel wise!

Zander

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Good call. I like to show up on Sunday afternoon. I get settled into the room, check in at the conference and dump the swag I don't want to carry, get the lay of the land in the later afternoon, have an unhurried time at the Sunday night event, and am ready to start early on monday morning. For those that haven't been, the Sunday night event is a good way to get some real time at the partner pavillion (if you wait to later you will likely be shortchanging sessions or meals). Its also invaluable for socializing/networking with other users (depending on which term you prefer. Since there drinks and food are free and plentiful, I call it socializing). I look forward to the event to catch up with folks that I haven't seen in a year and to meet new friendly faces to compare notes with and sit next to throughout the conference. The only hard part is scanning name tags as they go by when you are hoping to run into newsgroup folks. See you at the conference - I'm the tall bearded guy with a drink in one hand and a water in the other (Mark Peters always teases me about that).

Ed

Reply to
ed1701

According to the agenda listing for SWW2007, there is no Sunday night event. Last year's Sunday night partner reception is being done Sunday afternoon from 2 until 5.

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Reply to
Nascar

This was done intentionally, so attendees will be free to watch the Super Bowl.

Reply to
doyle808

Thanks for the heads up - I didn't even think to check since its still over the horizon for me. I'll have to get in a bit earlier than I would otherwise. Ed

Reply to
ed1701